Medical services are provided and billed by Medical Clinic. Our providers participate in most all of the major health insurance plans in the region. Following are the health plans which we currently accept.
If your plan is not listed, we will be unable to file a claim on your behalf. However, we can provide you with a form that you can submit to your insurance company to instruct them to send reimbursements directly to you.
Please be aware that with any health plans, there may be deductibles and copayments for which you could be responsible.
- BlueCross BlueSheild National Preferred Networks
- Building Service 32BJ Benefit Fund
- Cigna HMO/PPO
- Cigna International
- Emblem Health
- Empire BlueCross BlueSheild
- Health Care Workers Local 1199 (all plans except the HMO plan)
- HIP Health Plan of New York
- International SOS
- Medicare (most locations)
- Multiplan - PHCS (most plans accepted, click for more details)
- NY Graphic Arts Benefit Group
questions about your bill
What billing or insurance information will I receive?
You will receive a copy of your bill. After your insurance has paid, we'll provide you with a monthly statement of your account.
How long will it take to get things settled with the insurance company?
Generally, it takes from 45 to 60 days to obtain payment from an insurance carrier.
Why am I getting bills from physicians?
Each physician who provides professional services will send you a separate bill from his or her office. These physicians will include:
- your own physician
- other physicians who conducted tests and procedures
- consulting physicians chosen by your primary physician to read and interpret test results.
These physicians may include specialists in anesthesiology, cardiology, emergency medicine, nuclear medicine, pathology, radiology, or urodynamics. You will be responsible for paying these bills as well.
I received a notice that my insurance company has paid on my bill -- but I can't understand how they calculated their payment amount. Do you know?
If we have received any such information from your insurance company, we'll be glad to share it with you. However, for answers to any questions about insurance payments, deductibles, or co-payments, you generally need to check with your insurance company.
value. quality care. convenience.